Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Coke Nail


Pee-poop? Seriously? Definitely highlights how young I really was at the time. I probably thought I was becoming pretty mature, but clearly, I was a long ways off.

OH MAN! I said I'd kiss Craig?! That's a huge step. Earlier, I commented that if Craig and I dated, I would break up with him if he tried to put the moves on me. But at this point, I was inviting it... somewhat reluctantly... but still! Bring it on!

So my pinky nail and only my pinky nail was super long in seventh grade.
It was so long, I used to paint it in a rainbow of stripes. It was totally innocent and pure coincidence that it was my pinky nail that hadn't broken yet and grew so long. Many years later, someone told me that some people grow their pinky nails long to use for snorting coke. A matter of fact, it's even commonly listed as a warning sign that your kid is on drugs. This webpage "How to tell if your teen is using drugs" says:
"Another way to tell, is to look at their fingernails. A long pinky nail is a sure sign of it, most coke addicts have a long pinky nail to take quick snorts of cocaine."
Who knew? Not me, obviously. I wonder if my parents or teachers were ever suspicious. Part of me is surprised that no one never questioned my long pinky nail. But most of me isn't. I was a good kid, usually. And I was too innocent and naive to be involved with drugs. Even if someone thought I might be doing drugs, they'd probably reconsider once they heard my vocabulary. "Oh, did I just hear her just use the word "pee-poop"? Yeah, guaranteed she doesn't even know what cocaine is."

1 comment:

Shea said...

oh my god, I just made the mistake of reading this at work and had to work excessively hard to keep from laughing out loud. hahahahaha this may be the best entry yet!