Thursday, May 13, 2010

Diary #4 Closing

So dramatic!
"At a first glance a diary is just a book containing blank pages. But after you fill it up and use it for a long time, it means much more than that."
So profound!

---
“ALSO 1-20-97. Closing. Well, well, well! It’s been so long! Since September 9, 1996. Wow! It has been a long time! But now I must move on to other diaries, to other pages of love & hate. Throughout this diary you will find me: LIKING 7 BOYS & GOING OUT WITH 2 BOYS. Yraid, you’ve been very important to me. Through your pages lie a lot of exciting, happy, and sometimes sad entries. You are my 4th diary out of who knows how many. Luckily, you had a happy ending. And so I must depart & move on to many more diaries. At a first glance a diary is just a book containing blank pages. But after you fill it up and use it for a long time, it means much more than that. I truly will miss you, Yriad. –Krista THIS DIARY WAS USED FROM SEPT 9 ’96 – JAN 20 ’97.”

4 comments:

SimplyMe said...

I continue to be impressed and amused by your diary writings! My question is...exactly how many diaries did you fill in your youth and teen years. Second question...how long did it take you to scan all the pages? Such is the inquiring mind of your cuz :)

krista said...

Hehe I'm glad you enjoy them! :)

When I graduated from high school, I had just finished diary #15... and the last 9 of those were full-sized 3 or 5 subject notebooks. I was a diary-writing FIEND.

During college, I downgraded to normal-size journals because I stopped writing as frequently. I am currently on Diary #21 and only write once every couple months. :(

Scanning the diary entries IS quite a chore... I'm not exactly sure how long it takes. It's been awhile since I scanned last but this "Closing" entry was the last one I scanned... so I need to start scanning new entries in soon! I'll keep track of how long it takes and report back. :)

krista said...

Okay, I can answer your question now. I spent about 2.5 hours this weekend scanning, re-touching, and cropping 18 diary entries. So, each entry takes me approximately 8 minutes to process. :) And it's SO worth it. There's some good ones coming up!!

David said...

You were such an insightful child!