Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fashion Offenses

I was a terrible person. I can't believe we ganged up on Craig for only having five shirts and one pair of shoes. That's really sad! I still feel bad about it. Well, look on the bright side... at least he had one shirt for every day? I shouldn't have been one to talk though, I was guilty of plenty of fashion offenses in middle school too.

Here are some I can think of right now (1 for every shirt Craig owned)...
  1. In 6th grade, I only had one pair of jeans which were too short on me because I was going through a growth spurt. It was the first time I had ever heard anyone ask, "You waitin' for a flood??"
  2. In 7th grade, I reeked of gasoline for a few months because I stepped in a puddle at the gas station wearing my only pair of brown shoes.
  3. Inside-out sweatshirts.
  4. Scrunchies on my wrist all day, coordinated with my outfit, but never intended to be worn in my hair because I wasn't good at putting my hair in a ponytail. Also, scrunchies period.
  5. Brassy orange hair from learning the hard way that using Sun-In on dark brown hair does not make it beautiful beach blonde.
There's plenty more... but that's enough for now. Goodnight!

---
“2-5-97. Dear Diary, Today I was walking into school alone & Craig walked up beside me! He started a conversation! WOW! Then in homeroom Jaime started teasing Craig about how he wears the same shirts every day (Jaime & I started doing that awhile ago. He only has 2 brown, a Metallica, a gray one, & a denim one). So then I started teasing him too & then Mark got into it. Mark started saying that he wears the same shoes every day. Then Craig looked like he could cry! I felt so bad! I think we hurt his feelings! I’ll never tease him about that again! Then in Science I got a question on a work sheet a long time ago & he was stuck on it. I told him the answer & he admitted I was right. Then I said, ‘Craig, say I’m smart. Make me feel good!” Then he said, ‘Krista, you’re the smartest person I know. You are so smart! I am so stupid!’ I never thought I’d get that out of him! Today Richard gave me a note! I can’t write the highlights in here because I need to do my homework! Krista Hi! It’s the same day as last, just later. I felt I needed to add something. Okay, I’m not sure what I should do about Richard. When I’m not around him, I’m crazy about him! I just love him! But when I’m next to him talking or something I usually find him really annoying & I hate it! I don’t think I’m gonna dump him because I know I still like him a lot- when I’m not around him! What do I do? HELP ME! I love Richard! For now…”

3 comments:

007ELmO said...

I remember someone documenting my clothing combinations as well, in highschool.

Problem is, it was another dude doing that...God help me.

007ELmO said...

Did you know how hilarious you were when writing these diary posts? Just ridiculous.

You should try to find a free OCR service, and see how programmatic translation of your handwriting to text turns out. That should be an additional section in each blog post.

krista said...

No, none of this was funny at the time! It was LIFE. Haha OCR... that could make my work a lot easier if it was accurate. If not, at least it'd be funny! :)