Sunday, June 20, 2010

My best friend likes my boyfriend

It's interesting that it was perfectly acceptable for my best friend to tell me she had a crush on my boyfriend. Interesting, but not surprising considering the average length and fickleness of relationships at that age. But it's something that you don't hear too often as teenagers or adults. If a girl told you they liked your boyfriend in high school, you'd probably start a nasty rumor that she had syphilis. But in middle school, it was no big deal. "You have a crush on my boyfriend? Cool. So do I." Weird.

---
“1-29-97. Dear Diary, Today in homeroom I read a note that Richard put in my file on the computer. IT said, “You brighten my day! I LOVE YOU!” It said some other stuff, but I forget. He gave me another note today. Highlights: His password on the computer is 117546. His locker number is 296 & his combo is 28-2-24. His middle name is Geoffrey. This note had a heart in each corner & a heart at the bottom with XXX & OOO (hugs & kisses) in it. At the top he wrote: URAQT (& he underlined QT). In LA Jaime told me she wrote “Richard loves Krista” on his paper. She said he said, “I know, that’s true, but we have to erase it now!” Today on the phone Jaime told me that she kinda likes Richard! She thinks I’d get mad at her for that! Ya right! I don’t care if she likes who I like (as long as I get him! JUST KIDDING!). See ya! Krista”

No comments: