Tuesday, February 22, 2011

8 months later...

Holy crap... how has it been EIGHT months since the last time I posted?!? I am so sorry for falling off the face of the earth! Hope you weren't worried about me. :P Things just got really crazy last year planning a wedding, getting married (spoiler alert: not to a middle school crush), honeymooning, and enjoying life as a Mrs! But I'm finally back!

HA. The highlight of the first note from Richard was that he had a dream I dumped him. Even though I enjoyed being told he loved me, his dream almost came true that day. We already know he was walking a fine line between being cute affectionate and crazy-annoying over-affectionate. But it wasn't fair to him because he didn't know that. How do you tell someone, "I know you're my boyfriend, but can you stop saying 'hi' to me in the hall and writing me notes with hearts all over it? It's annoying"?

I went with my family to the Pinewood Derby at Grandview Elementary to watch my brother compete (?). You know, whatever you call it when you have a car in the race. Clearly I don't remember... I was talking to Anthony and making phone calls on the pay phone in the hallway most of the time.

That's right, kids, PAY phone. No cell. No texting. No Facebook. Real quarters in a real pay phone. And Richard was on his house phone. It may have even had a cord. And it's possible his mom answered and we had to awkwardly ask to speak to him. Today's youngins will never appreciate what we went though.

Okay, one more thing. I don't understand why I suddenly hated Mike. Earlier that school year, I had a crush on him and even when I look back on it now, I don't remember ever being on bad terms with him. Mike and I were always pretty good friends all throughout school. Hm. Maybe I was just jealous? Who knows.


---
“1-31-97. Dear Diary, Today Richard gave me a note (Duh!). Highlights: he had a dream that I dumped him! He’s putting a happy ad on announcements for me! He’s going to put it on Monday. I guessed that it was going to say, ‘Will you be my Valentine?’ Jaime told me I was right. At the bottom he wrote, ‘I love you!’ In another note he gave me today here are the highlights: All that is important really is that it said I love you. When I got home from school I called Jaime. I was so totally sick of Richard that it wasn’t funny. I was very close to dumping him. But now I don’t think I want to. I went to the Boyscouts Pinewood Derby thing. There was Anthony. I spent most of my time flirting with Anthony & his friend Cameron. Anthony is really nice. I kinda like him, but not very much. He’s kinda cute too. He has a nice smile. He acts like he likes me, I don’t know. I asked Anthony what Richard says about me. He wouldn’t tell me but he says its very good. Anthony called Richard from Grandview & talked to him for awhile. Then he gave the phone to me. So Richard & I talked about nothing much for awhile. Anthony & I are good friends now, I think. I hope he thinks of me as a friend. -Krista P.S. Jaime’s going out with Mike! That’s sick! I hate Mike!”

6 comments:

Shea said...

Can I please tell you how EXCITED I was when this popped up on my google reader tonight?? Thanks for making my day, lover! And you're right, the kids of today will never appreciate what we had to go through. Except for my kids. Whom I will treat like we are Amish. xoxo

krista said...

Yayyy! I'm happy to know you like reading it... it gives me more incentive to keep going! :)

Your kids are going to LOVE playing video games and watching TV at my house... and my kids are going to HATE sewing quilts and making high-quality wooden furniture at your house. :P

Sarah said...

Thank Goodness for Google Reader!!!

I have your blog in my reader, and you made my afternoon by having a post for me to read.

Totally forgot about happy ads. Didn't they charge us to put those on the TV? What did they do with the money?!

krista said...

Yay Sarah! Glad you're reading too! :)

I have NO idea what they did with the happy ad money. Maybe it went to student council to pay for our dances? No clue.

For those of you unfamiliar with "happy ads"... they were messages played on the TVs before video announcements. I wish I could explain them in a more interesting way, but really, that's it.

007ELmO said...

For clarification, are these REAL notes you wrote when you were a *ahem* child?

krista said...

Haha YES, they're real! You give me too much credit... I am not nearly creative enough to fabricate a middle school life!