Sunday, February 14, 2010

Prince Charming

Before you read this, I should remind you that Michael is my little brother. He would have been 7 years old at the time.

First imagine how cute it is that my little 7-year-old brother bought me earrings for Christmas. They weren't anything fancy, just red rhinestone studs he probably bought for a couple dollars at the elementary school's "Holiday Bazaar"... but still, very cute and thoughtful.

Then I remember my family was driving around looking at Christmas lights one night and I was twirling around the earring my brother bought me in my ear... and that's when I realized... no boy had ever bought me jewelry (or really, a present at all) except for my brother. I'm sure at that age, lots of other girls were in the same boat as me, but I had a few friends who got presents from boyfriends and I felt left out. It was kind of a weird connection to make, but it really bothered me that day and I felt very lonely.

I'm surprised at how accurately I remembered the way I felt about the Toni Braxton (and similar) CDs when I told the story in this post.

I wonder if I'll find a Price Charming in time for the next school dance!

---
“12-26-96. Dear Yraid, ‘Twas the night after Christmas… IT IS! I have strep throat! Fun, fun, fun! I felt so sick & I wuz contagious on Christmas Eve that I couldn’t join in the family exchanges. I had to stay home. But I still go the gifts. I got cool stuff. Then Christmas came. Strangely, it didn’t see much like Christmas at all! I got some really nice stuff. Our whole family got Nintendo 64! Cool! It’s awesome! Jaime & I have been talking on the phone a lot over vacation. We always greet each other by saying, “Hello Daaahling!” It’s funny. She’s going to Pittsburgh until like the 30th soon. Boo-hoo! Poor me! I wrote her a few notes over vacation Y she wrote me one. Michael got me earrings for Christmas. Sadly, my first piece of jewelry from a boy. That’s when I noticed how lonely I am without Richard, without Craig, without… anyone! I don’t like Richard & Craig anymore, it’s just I wish I had someone there who really loved me other than my family. Because I don’t like anyone, I’m preparing to be lonely for a long time. I’m waiting for someone real special to come along- hopefully soon. I know my Price Charming is out there somewhere! Hopefully the Prince will come soon cuz there’s a dance coming up & I don’t wanna be lonely then! For Christmas, I got Toni Braxton & Celine Dion CDs. They both have sad songs on them like, “I’m Everything I Am Because You Loved Me” & “Unbreak my Heart”. I know I have no reason to cry during those songs, but sometimes I do anyhow. I can’t help it. They’re full of memories like Craig. And then I think of how lonely I am now. Gee, I wish I had someone! -Krista P.S. I’ll write back soon! I heart no one cuz no one hearts me.”

No comments: