Thursday, February 11, 2010

So much for that

Happy early Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you enjoy this uber-romantic poem...


Yep, turns out the relationship with Richard didn't even last a week. I dumped him quite unexpectedly considering in the previous entry I had said that I LOVED him. This was also the meanest thing I have ever done to a guy and I still feel bad about it to this day. Ahhh middle school peer pressure... there's nothing else like it.

I have no idea where Rachel got that poem. I googled it and found it mentioned on a few sites... but it doesn't seem to be from a movie or book or anything. Odd.

Let's break down this timeline...
12/12 - Decided I like Richard
12/13 - Started dating Richard
12/14 - Fell in love with Richard
12/16 - Still loved Richard but admitted I wasn't "comfortable" around him
12/19 - Broke up with Richard
12/20 - Decided I still loved Richard
Makes perfect sense! Haha... right. Makes sense according to typical middle school logic.

It's also interesting that it was partly (mostly?) a dream that caused me to fall back in love with Richard again... and that in that dream "he was totally different". Hmm. Exactly what part of that dream did I really want to come true... for Richard and I to date again? For Richard to be "totally different"? Or for both? Hmm...


---
“12-20-96. Dear Yraid, So I did dump Richard. I was really harsh. I feel really bad about it. I think he hates me. Rachel told me to dump him by writing this poem in a note: Roses are red, Violets are blue, Garbage is dumped, And so are you. I feel so bad. I like him again, can you tell? I’d like to go back out with him! I’ll see if I still like him at the end of vacation. If I do go back out with him, I’m afraid I’ll lose interest again! I had this really great dream last night. Here’s how it went: I was in Language Arts. I was having trouble with my computer so I asked Mrs. Decker. She said she was too busy. So Richard volunteered to help me. But instead, he came up behind my chair & hugged me! It was such a good dream! After that in my dream, we started going back out! It was so cool. He was so sweet! I loved it & I loved him. He was totally different in my dream! If only that could come true. God, make it come true! -Krista”

No comments: