Friday, October 2, 2009

First Boyfriend EVER!


Sorry to ruin the surprise in the title (especially when I had gone through all that effort in the entry to build in suspense with the long string of periods), but this was obviously one of the most monumental days of my youth and I couldn't help announcing it prematurely.

When I was trick-or-treating with my friends that night, all I could think about was that I had a boyfriend. I was so giddy. I don't even think it was a feeling like, "I like this guy SO much, I'm so happy he's my boyfriend now!"... it was more like, "Holy crap! I can say I have a boyfriend now!" A boy, any boy, finally gave in!

---
“October 31, 1996 Dear Yraid, BOO! Happy Halloween! Today in Science, we were talking about Moe’s hair. Here’s how the conversation went: CRAIG: Your hair is ugly, Pippi Longstocking. MOE: Then why’s Krista allowed to wear her hair like that? ME: Because I look good in it. CRAIG: Ya. Whoa! Craig likes my hair. But today at 11:55 something unbelievable happened… Craig said YES! We’re going out! Boyfriend-girlfriend! Get the picture??? My first boyfriend! He couldn’t sit with me at lunch today because he had to make plans with Will about Trick-or-Treating tonite. He waited for me after school today. We walked out together. I gave him my phone # & he called me! We talked for about 20 minutes & then I had to go. Well, I’ll be seeing you! Krista I heart Craig!”

1 comment:

Shea said...

i love the juxtaposition of the fact that you are going trick or treating - such a little kid thing to do - with the fact that you have a new boyfriend - very coming of age. So sweet!