Sunday, July 26, 2009

Craig Moves Way Too Fast

Damn, I wish I had some details on how fast Craig reportedly moved. It was seventh grade. Was it just kissing? Was it making out? Was it... more??? I have a feeling it was just kissing or maybe making out. And if that is the case, what the hell was I so freaked out about?

I wanted a boyfriend so badly but I hadn't put much thought into what would happen after I actually got a boyfriend. To me, a boyfriend would be someone to write notes to during school, dance with at school dances, and perhaps even hold hands with. But kissing? Apparently I wasn't ready for that. I wonder how long I thought would have been an appropriate length of time to date a boy before kissing would be okay.

I am just so appalled and confused by the suggestion that I would have actually DUMPED a boy if he tried to make out with me. Fast-forward to college when I basically had an open invitation for guys to get fresh with me with very few prerequisites. Seventh-grade-me would not have thought very highly of college-me. Just as conversely today, I don't for a second understand my seventh grade rationale. The naivete of it is kinda cute though.

I can't decide... is it a good thing or a sad thing that all the shit Doug put me through (and in his defense, nothing was even all that traumatic) led me to find a "Maybe, probably not" response from Craig to be *hopeful*? Aw.

1 comment:

Shea said...

yeah, seriously . . . going from dumping a boy for wanting to kiss to dumping boys for not kissing quickly enough . . . how quickly we grow up haha