Saturday, July 25, 2009

Puberty


Hell yeah my middle school had skylights. It was built just a year or two before I started sixth grade there. Everything was still new. New computers, new lab equipment, new shop class machines, dry-erase white boards instead of chalk boards. I think there were trees built into the ground in the hallways... unless I'm making that up (it's hard to remember back 13 years). There was even an iguana habitat with a waterfall near the principal's office. And I swear, I know I'm not making that one up. Our lunches were just as terrible as every other school's, but regardless, we were definitely the spoiled middle school in the district.

So, did anyone see that coming? Me liking Doug again? After promising for the 600th time that I would never like him again? Ugh. My love life was like a broken record.

It's funny how turned off I was by facial hair thirteen years ago. Nowadays, I think I prefer a little scruff on a man. Hairless guys are creepy. Doubly creepy if they also have attached earlobes. Just an observation.

No comments: