Monday, July 20, 2009

Radio Show Clip #19

Here's a fake interview I did with my favorite "professional radio dude"...

Martin was on "Martin & Warvel In the Morning" on Jet-102. I don't remember why I liked him so much and researching online only led me to one web page of relevance: http://erieradio.tripod.com/jet/id5.html

And from that, all I can gather is that Frank Martin was OLD. I wonder if I knew that then. He must have been older than my grandparents at the time. Well, older than my grandparents today too... but you know what I'm saying.

So that phone number I mentioned (838-9KRI) was clearly made up on the spot considering my own phone number growing up coincidentally also began with 838-9. And do you like how I yawned in the middle of giving the numbers that correspond to K-R-I to give me enough time to pick up my phone and figure them out?

The legit phone ringing was pretty impressive too, huh? Did you ever used to do that trick? All you had to do is call your own phone number and quickly put down the receiver and then the phone would ring. Magic. I don't know how we figured that out as kids or how we used it (other than making the phone ring for our fake radio shows)... but it was a pretty cool thing to do I suppose.

Too bad I fired the weather guy on air the other day... see how it all comes together like that?

2 comments:

Shea said...

I don't think the clip is working! :(

krista said...

Hm. Works for me. Check your volume maybe? It plays fine on my personal laptop but I realized that for some reason my work laptop speakers need to be maxed out to hear it.

Does that help? Or are you getting an error?