Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I LUV TEH INTERNET

So my best friend Lianna told me that Doug was lying when he agreed to come over to my house during the summer. But Doug told me that Lianna is a ditz and not to believe her. Was Lianna really making it all up or was Doug just covering his ass? Who was I to trust? My best friend since kindergarten or the guy who started letters to me with "U SUK!"? Hmm...

"Oh the madness!" Oh the madness is RIGHT... little dots?! For a guy who supposedly hated me, why would he initiate physical contact for no real purpose? Suspicious.

So, "CC" was Doug's screen name for the Internet? WHAT Internet? AOL? I knew nothing about computers back in 1996, but I don't remember there being much else. So you mean to tell me, AOL (or whatever he used) allowed 2 character screen names? And that "CC" wasn't already taken? Can you imagine? You can't sign up for anything on the Internet today without concatenating 27 meaningless digits to the end of the name you want or spelling it stupid. Achem... "TEH cheese stands alone". Don't get me started.

Anyhow, I just found this AWESOME webpage: Internet '96. Some guy found archives of old websites from 1996 and included his own hysterical commentary along with each site. I couldn't stop laughing. Definitely one of the funniest things I've read in awhile.

Back to "CC". I still don't know what it stood for. Carbon Copy? Copy Cat? I may never know. Weird.


I like how I described his abbreviations as "kinda cool but not really". I guess Doug was way ahead of his time on that stuff considering that's the only way kids know how to text on their cell phones today. But today my coolness meter on those trendy abbreviations definitely reads closer to "not really" than to "kinda". Ugh. Kids these days.

1 comment:

Shea said...

he wanted to look at your butt! that's why he had you bend over! nasty little boy!