Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mission Accomplished

Well, it looks like I never used my fail-proof "You wanna climb trees at my place?" pick-up line on Doug. Bummer. Maybe I would have had more luck if I had.

I needed to inform Doug that my dad no longer had a mustache because, for some reason, Doug often used to draw cartoons of my dad in class and he must've still been drawing him with a mustache. After my dad shaved his mustache though, Doug stopped drawing the cartoons. I guess without the distinguishing characteristic, a cartoon of my mustacheless dad wouldn't look any different than a cartoon of someone else's mustacheless dad.

The woman who complimented Lianna and me after the concert was Doug's mom. Aw.

In my notes, did you notice my 'clever' P.S., P.P.S., P.M.S. progression? I probably thought I was so funny. But really, how stupid. At that age, what did I know about PMS? Not much more than Doug did. To this day, guys I know are still creeped out by anything period-related. So, I've gotta imagine that reference made 12-year-old Doug pretty darn uncomfortable. And I was trying to get him to like me? What was I thinking?

But that's nice that he acknowledged that we had been friends since first grade and told me to C/M AAF!

No comments: