Thursday, May 14, 2009

Art Camp & Jazz Recital

Mmm sexy. How hot was that jazz costume? My sister and I actually came across that outfit in the basement last weekend when we were going through our old prom dresses. I can't believe we kept that sequined disaster. Why?? It certainly doesn't fit me anymore. And I can't imagine my future daughter excitedly pulling it out of a cardboard box, shrieking, "Wow! I'm so happy you kept this!!!" It's not like my first pair of shoes or my baby teeth... which also serve no practical purpose nowadays, but are at least sentimental.

We could probably just give it away or sell it at the garage sale... especially since I'll always have this awesome artist's rendering which captures both it's general appearance and itch-zones.

Judging by how awkward that drawing is, you'd be surprised I was in Art Camp. Yikes.

Ohhh btw, this was the recital that we danced to MORTAL KOMBAT- which I mentioned earlier.

So... as nerdy of a combination Art Camp + Jazz Dance sounds and as much as I complained about Jazz, I'm very grateful that my parents provided me with these opportunities! Even though I may not have realized it at the time, I was a pretty lucky kid. :)

1 comment:

Shea said...

i can't picture you taking jazz lessons . . .

the recital costumes are always AWESOME. hahahahaha. I think one of the major things that made me take a break from dancing during middle school was that in my 6th grade recital i was forced to wear a sea foam green crushed velvet leotard with a SHORT tutu. A SHORT tutu! Like a baby!!! and white tights! So unprofessional! i was horrified and mortified

I wanted a long tutu SO bad. And I never got it, as when i returned to dance in highschool, my teacher was way more into the artsy fartsy flowy dress recital costumes . . . and then i stopped focusing on ballet and took modern dance . . . which I ROCKED, but that did mean that my last recital dance ever was to the theme song from Survivor and i ended up wearing a full body suit in brown crushed velvet with green chiffon streamers dripping off of it at intervals.

some day i WILL own a long tutu

i don't know why i just wrote all this, haha