Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Never Won a Spelling Bee

Geez, normally my spelling wasn't that bad in sixth grade... so what the hell happened in this entry?! Ment. Ressisted. Finnally. Extreemly. And my favorite, my multiple tries at "peninsula": pininsula and pinninsula. For some reason, I had no problem spelling the peninsula's French name "Presque Isle" in the last entry... but the word "peninsula" itself was clearly more challenging. Hmmm.

061 and 062 were the names of the two sixth grade "companies" at my middle school. We had most of our classes with just the kids in our company and the only times we saw people from the other company was at lunch or in classes like gym, music, art, etc.

Maybe you're smart and figured it out from context clues, but the part that got cut off on the second page said that Doug gave me a note to give to Suzy.

It probably made me feel really tall to see that Chris' girlfriend, who was two years older than me, was only a centimeter taller. But really, I was just barely 5 feet tall at the time. I probably wouldn't have been so concerned about my height if I knew then that I'd grow to 5'7" by high school!

No comments: