Thursday, September 10, 2009

By Special Request...

So, the other day I received an email request from my friend Shea.

She recently came across an old literary journal from college that I had contributed to and noticed the biographical statement that I had written for myself:

"Krista is a senior computer science major from Erie, PA. The first poem she wrote was an ode to Shawn Hunter from Boy Meets World in fifth grade. Also, her favorite food is cheese."
Shea requested that I post that very first poem here, on my blog.

Lucky for Shea (and for the rest of you), I still have the original copy of that poem. Enjoy...



My biggest problem with this poem is... aside from being a word that rhymes with "Rider", what the hell is a "guider"? And how is it different from a "guide"? And how did Rider Strong personally guide... err... guider me? Did he send me secret messages in my sleep? Did I watch episodes of Boy Meets World looking for signs... maybe in the way he ran his hand through his hair? At night, did I kneel next to my bed and pray to Rider Strong? I don't get it.

I do also love that it was qualified with "all-time". As if there was a Hall of Fame for "guiders". Awesome.

As a final note: I'm pretty sure I snail mailed this poem to Rider Strong as fan mail back in the day. I wonder what he thought of this masterpiece. He never did write back. :(

---
Rider Strong
by: Krista

I love you Rider,
My all time guider.

I’m the one you never knew,
Rider I’ll always love you.

You’re the only one I love,
You’re the one I’m writing of.

You are so cute
There’s nothing more,
I’m loving you in ’94

5 comments:

angela said...

Aww, that's sweet. Maybe you should send this to Rider for nostalgia sake, he has a Twitter. :)

http://twitter.com/onthestorm

SarahW said...

"MTV
Good for Me
Carson Daily
Bone Me
Now"

Seems that your poetry always revolved around celebrities!

krista said...

Angela-- good idea! I hadn't even thought of that. I sent him the link thru twitter! Thanks! :)

Sarah-- Seriously! And we haven't even touched my Taylor Hanson poetry from middle school. LOL.

SarahW said...

I still think of you when I hear "MMBop." Pretty weird.

Shea said...

even BETTER than I expected!!!!! ahahahahaha!!

xoxoxo