Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One of the Best Tuesdays in History

Yes, I know. I haven't written in a week. But this time I have the mother of all excuses: I was in the hospital. Don't worry, I'm fine... still recovering, but fine. To make a long story short, I had a large (read: grapefruit-sized) ovarian cyst that ruptured. I had to have emergency surgery Friday night to remove all the blood from my abdomen and to stop any further internal bleeding. I was in the hospital for three nights and am now resting at home. Phew. What an exciting Labor Day weekend, right? :P

Onto the entry!


One of the best Mondays in history followed by one of the best Tuesdays in history?! What are the chances?! How simple life was in seventh grade. Just perceiving that a boy was acting like he liked you was enough to give your day the incredible status of one of the BEST DAYS in HISTORY.

What's the deal with me wanting to touch Craig's hair? Was this a normal desire for pre-teen girls? And get this- Craig didn't even have hair that "goes like this"... he had a buzz cut! Odd.

---
“October 22, 1996. Dear Yraid, Today is one of the best Tuesday’s in history. Today, Craig really acted like he likes me. In math we talked like usual. Nothing strange there. But in Math Content Lit is where it all changes… There was a really stern sub. She was really easy to annoy. The 1st thing she said when we all got in the classroom was, “You make it hard on me, I’ll make it even harder on you.” She was a real bitch. Anyhow, because Mrs. Chandler (the real Math teacher) didn’t leave a lesson plan, she gave us a study hall. Mark & Jaime (they sit next to each other, not by choice) were making fun of her, whispering & drawing pictures. They wanted me to sit with them. I told them that I probably wasn’t allowed. The real reason I said that is because I wanted to stay with Craig. But then Mark asked the mean teacher lady if I could sit with them. Surprisingly, she said yes! So because I was forced, I did. Craig noticed I was over there and mouthed to me, “Sit here.” I mouthed, “I’m sitting here.” He mouthed, “Sit here.” Then I again mouthed, ‘I’m sitting here.” Then he mouthed, “You’re not allowed!” I mouthed, “The teacher said I could.” Then he went back to his work with a frown. I really think he wanted me to sit with him! The teacher lady let us have a 10 min free time at the end of class. Craig came over to Mark, Jaime, & my table. We started talking. It was really funny, oh and fun. Lianna was there for part of the time. These 2 days have convinced me that Craig will most likely dance with me on the 25th. I really hope he does! God, please let Craig dance with me! Craig once in math said, “Oh, poo-poo!” I started laughing! Now he says it all the time, I think just to see me laugh. Well that’s all! -Krista I heart Craig! I want to touch Craig’s hair!”

2 comments:

SarahW said...

Totally forgive you for not posting! Hope you're feeling better.

Shea said...

yay! my favorite blogger is back in action! xoxo