Saturday, September 12, 2009

Anorexic?

1. Awesome Trapper Keeper reference #2! They were such a big part of our youth. Are kids still using them today? Are there any teachers out there that can answer that?

2. Ugh. Me? Anorexic? Unfortunately I have always struggled with being naturally super skinny. And yes, I say 'unfortunately' and 'struggled' because it's embarrassing... especially in middle school when all the girls were getting curves and stuff and I still had (oh and still do have) the stick-thin unsexy body of a 10-year-old boy. Not particularly attractive.

This diary entry makes me kind of sad because it was probably one of the first times someone had accused me of being anorexic and at this point I was able to just shrug it off and call Craig "weird" for saying that. But once people bring something like that up again and again, you start to think there's something wrong with you and it's not as easy to ignore.

People thought it was funny to call me anorexic, but after awhile, saying "OMG you're SO skinny" to me felt no different than if you were to tell an overweight person, "OMG you're SOOOOO FAT!". You would never comment on a chubby person's weight like that, so what made it okay for people to openly criticize my body? It's just as hard (if not harder) for me to gain weight as it is for someone to lose weight. In middle school, I used to eat two PB&J sandwiches for lunch
along with whatever other snacks I ate... which is a lot of food for a little girl, but it didn't make a difference.

I guess there's no real conclusion for this rant, so I'll stop now. Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer! :P

3. Ewww more making faces as flirting! Gross! Can. Not. Relate.

4. OMG I touched his hair! Can you believe it? Scandal! Isn't that like, what, first base with a guy? ha...

---
“October 23, 1996. Dear Yraid, Hello! I have some things to tell you that I forgot about. 1) Awhile ago we rented a movie from Blockbuster. They were giving out free stuff & I got a plastic pencil case to put in a Trapper (with zipper & 3 holes). Well somehow it got in my Math book & when I noticed it was there, I asked Craig if he wanted it. He said yes & took it. Now he has it in his Trapper holding all of his pencils! He actually uses it. Just think, every time he goes to get a pencil or just opens his Trapper, he sees the pencil case and probably thinks of me! 2) Just about every day in Math, Craig holds a pencil in front of his face, looks at it while it’s pointed at me, & says, “Whoa! Where did you go?” Most girls would take this as a complement (I kinda do) but Craig thinks I’m anorexic- at least that’s what he said. He’s so weird. 3) That weird face he does is so funny. Well, like the “Poo-poo” issue, he does that face about every day in front of me, I think , just to see me laugh. What he does is sticks his fingers in his mouth, pulls down the skin around the bottom of his eyes, looks up, & sticks out his tongue about every second. It’s so funny! I wish you could see it. 4) I touched Craig’s hair today. It feels funny! Ahhh! See ya! -Krista”

3 comments:

Shea said...

awe krista . . . i <3 you!

TheJourney18 said...

I can relate to your blog in SO many ways!! Your paragraph containing the "OMG, you're SO skinny!" comment is what I've been saying for years. Thanks for baring your 7th grade soul and letting me know, maybe I wasn't so awkward after all :-)

krista said...

Hey TheJourney18-- Thanks for the comments! Glad to hear that you can relate! I'm sure you know how hard it is to get sympathy for being too skinny, so I'm extra happy to know I'm not alone! :)