Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pet Fish


Ahhhhahahahha I don't know what is funnier. My sister naming her pet fish after our neighbor Jim (the one who was both cute and ugly at the same time) or me naming my fish after my favorite radio station. Or maybe the funniest part of all of it is the fact that neither of these names struck me as weird at the time.

It was just like... Duh, of course Kasey would name her pet after our teenage neighbor who we never actually talked to, just admired when he was outside mowing the lawn or whatever else teenage boys do. Can you imagine if he knew he had a fish named after him? Would he have found that endearing or creepy?

And wow, I was so obsessed with listening to the radio that I named a pet after my favorite radio station. Now do you see why I was all about making my own radio shows? I thought DJs were the shit. It's so sad that today, just thirteen years later, radio is dying... so much so that they now play commercials on the radio promoting listening to the radio. Talk about preaching to the choir. Anyhow, my point is, it's sad that now kids probably don't have half the appreciation I had for radio. And it's crazy how quickly technology changes and the impact it has. Damn you Internet. I hate it, but I love it.

Don't believe me about those radio-promoting radio commercials? You can listen to them here.

No comments: