Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cute or Ugly?

I'm really tired and heading to bed soon... but faced with guilt over my infrequent posts and a choice to either go to bed having not posted all weekend or to half-ass this post, I chose to half-ass... because nothing is more disappointing than checking people's blogs at work Monday morning to find nothing new. I understand. So, I apologize in advance for the minimal commentary on this entry, but minimal is better than nothing at all, right? Right?
After I was so pissed off at Rachel and Allison, it's interesting how quickly and easily everything was resolved.

Jim was our next-door neighbor growing up. He was two years older than me, so at this point, he was going into his freshman year of high school and I was going into 7th grade. I don't know why I was so conflicted over him being cute or ugly. I think he was a pretty average-looking guy. Maybe that's the problem with average-looking people.

Have you ever known someone where if you look at them one way, they're really attractive... but if you REALLY look at them, they're actually kind of ugly? Or vice versa even. I remember noticing some guys like that in high school. They were either really cute or really ugly, I couldn't tell. Or maybe like some of those girls on America's Next Top Model, for example. Some of them are really homely or weird-looking at first. But on second glance, they're actually really uniquely beautiful. Am I making any sense? I swear, I have noticed this quality about a handful of people throughout my life. If you haven't, maybe you should look again...
---
Damn, I got carried away... I guess this commentary is actually about average length. Premature apology rescinded.

No comments: