Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Casper

"There's a boy in my house. YES!!!" is a reference to the mid-90's movie Casper. Remember? It starred Christina Ricci and an animated ghost who in the end temporarily became real and danced with Christina. As I remember it, Casper and Christina were just friends when Casper was still a ghost, but when he turned into the dreamy Devon Sawa, just like any other pre-teen girl at the time, she fell in love with him. How depressing though: you fall in love with a dead guy, he comes back to life just long enough for you make out a little, and then he becomes a freaking ghost again. Ugh. Glad I've never run into that problem.

So anyhow, at some point near the beginning of the movie, Christina Ricci and her dad move into a haunted house and Christina chooses Casper's old bedroom as her own. I guess all the old furniture was still there (weird) because when Casper saw Christina in his bedroom, he said, "There's a girl... on my bed... YES!" Kinda naughty for a kids movie, but whatev. So that's what my quote was in reference too.

Also, I gotta point out my usage of "as shole". I wonder how long it will be until the swear words just start flowing freely instead of being cleverly misspelled...

No comments: