Sunday, June 14, 2009

Resolution?


Sounds more like a breakup with a boyfriend, huh? Rachel and I both said we never wanted to see each other again and returned each other's stuff. Reminds me of cheesy sitcom breakups where one ex would return to the other a cardboard box containing mix tapes, a concert t-shirt, and inevitably something comically random like a pet hamster or a piece of already-been-chewed gum. I swear there was an episode of Full House like that, but I can't find any proof of it on the Internet. Hm.

I wish I would have gone into more detail about mine and Rachel's phone call after our 4-day breakup. It seems like I wasn't really surprised or bothered when she called. Judging by the magnitude of the fight, I would have expected the conversation to go something like...
Rachel: "Hey, do you want to come to my family's garage sale today?"
Me: "Why the fuck are you calling me?!?"
Instead, it seems like we didn't even acknowledge the fight at all. I suppose that just goes to show our fight was more about drama and attention than actual anger. Lame.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Krista! I had no idea your summers were so dramatic!

krista said...

Neither did I! I mean, I didn't remember my summers this way at least. I thought middle school was harsh, but I guess it had nothing to do with school and everything to do with just being bratty/emotional tweens.