Saturday, June 13, 2009

What the kcuf?

Who would have thought that planning a simple sleepover would cause so much drama? Too bad I didn't know the word "hypocrite" back then, otherwise I would have used it. It would have been much more descriptive and accurate than calling Rachel a "rat"-- which I don't really understand why I chose that word.

However, I do enjoy my usage of the backwards spelling of "fuck". I learned that from listening to TLC. It was during this summer that Rachel, Jenny, and I were obsessed with the TLC "CrazySexyCool" tape. During our breaks at Art Camp, we would play that cassette on our Walkmans (Walkmen?) over and over and sing along. We were little suburban girls singing about drugs, sex, and gang violence... topics we couldn't relate to, much less understand. But that didn't stop us from memorizing every lyric.

I've learned that when you memorize something at a young age, it tends to stay with you forever. I can still recite the alphabet backwards and the 50 states in alphabetical order. I still know the recorded warning played in the line of Waldameer's Whacky Shack and the lyrics to Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. And I can still sing the rap parts of TLC's "Waterfalls" and "Sumthin Wicked This Way Comes". It is in the "Sumthin Wicked This Way Comes" rap that I learned KCUF ("What the kcuf is going on?"). TLC probably altered the word to avoid a Parental Advisory warning, but I thought it was cool and saw it as a clever way for me to get away with swearing without actually swearing. Sneaky.

What do you think... will Rachel and I be friends again in the next entry? Or was that friendship over for good?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Krista these cursive entries are so much harder to read, just cause you laerned cursive in middle school you had to be all cool and start using it huh! Its odd how all your entries used to be about guys, and now theyre about girls. I'm sure doug knows all about this journal right? Boy his ego must be huge after all those doug centered entries...

krista said...

Ugh, I know. Who writes in cursive? Do you think I need to translate and type out the cursive entries? It's probably easier for me to read b/c I know my writing. But if it's a struggle for other people, maybe I should write them out.

Don't worry, the entries are only about girls right now b/c I never saw boys over the summer. Just wait until we get into 7th grade... boy drama times a billion!

Unknown said...

haha no no you dont need to translate, I'm not that dumb that I can't read them, its just harder! I miss the childlike innocence of printing...