Monday, June 22, 2009

Radio Show Clip #16

Omg. Please please please tell me you're already familiar with the 90's cartoon Duckman. If not, you're really going to think I lost my mind. This is absolutely ridiculous. Don't say I didn't warn you.

From Wikipedia:
The original timeslot for Duckman episodes while still being produced was changed to later at night due to complaints from parents about children seeing the adult humor-oriented show.
Adult humor? Really? All my siblings and I cared about was the grandma who never talked, only farted. Any "adult" humor was way over our heads. I honestly remember nothing else about the cartoon except the farting grandma.

I tried to find a clip featuring the farting grandma on YouTube... but get this... apparently the farting grandma must not have been the funniest part of the show. Who knew? Yup, there's a ton of Duckman clips but not one focusing on grandma-ma. Okay, I take that back. There is ONE. But in the entire history of Duckman and YouTube, it was only posted two months ago. And it's out of context and doesn't at all show how funny the character was within the show (errr... how funny I thought it was at the time). Also, it was posted by someone named
guitarsk8r whose other videos are prank phone calls and guitar hero songs. Aaaaaaaand he's fifteen. Somehow, this kid managed to turn down the maturity meter even further on the farting grandma. He created a clip of grandma-ma farting for a minute and a half straight. As an adult, I no longer see the humor in it... but thirteen years ago when I created the radio show, I probably would have cracked up and set it to play on repeat.

If you must see it, here's the link to the video.

No comments: