Thursday, March 26, 2009

Current Hobby: Someecards Stalking

Sorry no diary entry tonight. The next one up is FIVE pages long and I'm too tired to deal with that tonight.

But this gives me a good opportunity to share with you one of my current "hobbies". Actually, "hobby" isn't a very good name for it at all considering I only do this once every few months when I'm really bored and it takes absolutely no effort on my part. That'd be like someone saying their hobby was laying on the couch from time to time. Well except... at least this is entertaining.

Anyhow. Someecards.com. My mom originally introduced me to this site a year or so ago and I'm glad because their cards are hysterical. If you've never been there, you should really check it out.

The problem is, their e-cards don't require passwords or anything specific in order to pick them up. The personalized e-card you send is just a link beginning with "http://www.someecards.com/viewcard/" and followed with a random string of letters and numbers. But this works to my stalkerish entertainment advantage, because you can do a google search on "site:someecards.com/viewcard" and... well... read other people's cards.

I don't really feel bad about doing this because... 1. the e-cards are not protected in any way to begin with so it's not like I'm doing anything sneaky to find them... 2. it'd be very unlikely that I'd ever come across an e-card between people I know (
due to the huge number of someecards sent every day)... 3. it's essentially anonymous anyhow because it's rare for someone to use their last name and email addresses are not listed.

So, without further ado, here are my two favorites that I found today (click to expand):

I'll post the five page diary entry (it's about the Valentine's Dance!) tomorrow. I bet you can't wait. :)

1 comment:

Shea said...

but it's slightly strange that you can figure that out, miss computer genius haha xoxo i miss you!