Friday, March 13, 2009

Being a Siamese Twin Really Kills My Game

Oh my awesome. An entry with not one, but TWO lists. <3

Poor Greg. In 1993, I was in love with him... but then, just three years later, the thought of us dating disgusted me so much it elicited a "YUCK!".

And seriously, what were Lianna and I thinking when we decided to be Siamese twins for the Halloween dance? It was hard enough for me to get any positive attention from boys in 6th grade... walking around all night attached to my best friend certainly wasn't going to help that situation. Well, unless there was a cute boy there who had happened to have developed an early fetish for conjoined twins, but that was not the case.

I might as well have dressed up as "ugly" or "acne" or "obese"... or really any other physical disability. What boy would see me as a Siamese twin and think, "Man, Krista looks good tonight! I really want to dance with her!"??

And as if the eleven-year-old guys in my class weren't scared enough by one boy-crazy girl... let's strap two together for double the intimidation.

"Hey Rob... wanna dance? ...with me? ...AND this other girl who just happens to be sharing an extra-large sweatshirt with me?"

How WEIRD.

3 comments:

Shea said...

this is fabulous. there are really no words

Lianna said...

I AM SO SORRY about all the trauma! But you're making me lmao :-) Too bad I didn't slam my finger in the car door the night of the dance (which I actually did when we were supposed to go trick or treating - and that would have been fun to do together!!)...

krista said...

No apology needed! I agree, it would have been fun to walk around the neighborhood as Siamese twins (ooh... unless that meant we'd get half the candy)... but in retrospect, it probably wasn't the best costume for a dance. But we were in 6th grade- we were just having fun! :)