Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So Naive

I don't like anyone... Rob and I are just friends... but if Rob asked me out, I'd say yes. Hm. Something doesn't add up. I see right through you 11-year-old me.

That's cute how you say you don't think people should be boyfriend and girlfriend until 8th grade... right after admitting you're jealous of Rachel and Doug for dating. That's funny how you hide behind your false sense of maturity, thinking you're so much wiser than all the couples who are dating but aren't truly "in love". If it's so easy to get a boyfriend (all the guys just think "why not?"), why are YOU single 11YOMe (11-year-old me)?

Actually, it's kind of sweet how innocent and optimistic you are, new middle-schooler. How confidently you're able to convince yourself that you're the one who is normal and everyone else is wrong. So you may make contradicting statements, 11YOMe, but it works for you... for now.

I hate to ruin the surprise, but the next three years are going to be filled with more rejection, heartache, and drama than you've ever experienced in your 11 years. And you will leave middle school jaded in regard to love and friendships.

So keep reassuring yourself as long as possible 11YOMe, because at some point, you'll start to doubt.

---
P.S. Also note the *list* of people going out. Lists are like crack to me.

1 comment:

Shea said...

f'ing hilarious

my middle school days weren't near as exciting.

oh and i'm glad to know that Bryce is a girl . . . at first i thought 2 boys were going out and I though "man those Erie kids were sophisticated back in 1995!" haha