Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crosscheck!

At some point, Imagimaze (our small-town version of Discovery Zone) became Crazee-Mazee's and started allowing SLEEPOVER PARTIES. Sleepovers at Crazee-Mazee's quickly replaced roller skating at Evan's Skateland as the coolest birthday parties EVER... as evidenced by the lameness of Katie's skating party. Sleeping in a jungle gym... what a crazy idea. You run around the maze until you're totally exhausted and then just pass out whereever. Somehow it didn't bother us at the time that all night our faces were just inches away from the residue left by hundreds of germy sweaty-socked children. Yuck. Oh and those poor chaperoning parents who had to sleep on the floor somewhere! Not only were the floors gross too, but as an adult, you kind of assume your floor-sleeping days are over.

Gotta love my analysis of boy body language too. But I don't know. I've never really been a boy before...

2 comments:

Shea said...

YOU WERE ALLOWED TO HAVE SLEEPOVER B-DAY PARTIES AT CRAZEE-MAZEES??????

omg i am so jealous. i used to love that place! (Yes, every year, when my mom would take us to buy new school uniforms, we had to go all the way to Erie because we lived in the boons, and our reward would be Crazee-Mazees! Think of all the times I might have run into you there!) haha

seriously, i feel like that's a huge liability though, having kids sleep there

i <3 the 90's

krista said...

Awesome! Now that I think about it... I'm not sure if Crazee-Mazee's let just anyone have sleepovers there or if Lindsay's parents knew the owners. Hm.

I do remember another girl, Mary, having a sleepover there too and I was SUPER-JEALOUS because I wasn't invited and it was a CO-ED sleepover. Can you imagine? There were quite a few rumors afterward of boys and girls making out in the ball pit. I was never able to look at that ball pit the same again...