Thursday, April 23, 2009

Everyone Thinks We're Dating


Last I mentioned it, I didn't like Doug anymore. So why was I now trying so hard to convince myself that he liked me?

A friend of mine made the observation today... how could I think Doug was such a good friend when he was always reminding me how much he hated me? Well, you have to remember, this was at a time where nothing really made much sense. A lot of times, kids would pretend they hated their crush-- especially if they were embarrassed to admit it. And in sixth grade, "flirting" usually meant being mean to the person you liked. So when Doug was mean to me, even if he really did mean it maliciously, I instead assumed he was flirting... and it only encouraged me more.

2 comments:

Shea said...

what's kid co?

krista said...

Hmm... I think it was some sort of entrepreneurship activity... can anyone else confirm this? Obviously, I was not involved. haha.