Monday, April 20, 2009

Radio Show Clip #7

Join us while I play Super Mario Bros. on NES and Dawn provides color commentary...

Man, how bad did I suck? This must have been before I got my own Nintendo and went from friend's house to friend's house monopolizing their NES controller instead. I don't know why I was struggling so badly. I remember playing Mario so much that eventually it got so easy and boring that we used to challenge ourselves by lying on our backs, tilting our heads back, and playing the game upside-down.

Playing Nintendo reminds me of many things... but one of those things was the time my sister Kasey got a new puppy.

We got the little black lab mix at the Humane Society one night and my sister named him Jellybean. I thought this was an awful name because: #1-
Jelly beans weren't even Kasey's favorite candy and #2- I have always hated black jelly beans. Ugh. But it was her dog and I didn't really have room to talk considering I named my cat Easy. Actually, I named my cat Daisy... but had to think quick when the vet informed me that my stray tabby was not a girl cat, but actually an already-neutered male. Whoops.

So anyhow, we got Jellybean home and that little terror ran crazy around our house, peed everywhere, and barked all night. I know, that's what puppies do... but my parents already had three young kids and my little brother was probably just out of diapers himself... this puppy put them in over their heads. And what was the straw that broke the camel's back? Jellybean chewed through the wire of one of my Nintendo controllers. Aw hells no.

So my parents "returned" Jellybean to the Humane Society the next day and bought me a new controller. Poor Kasey. How heartbreaking. It seems like stuff like that was always happening to her. Like the time my parents returned her Pow-Pow-PowerWheels when they realized it lost its charge in 15 minutes.

But when I think of NES, I still remember how my Nintendo was awesomer than a puppy.

No comments: