Tuesday, April 28, 2009

POG Fight with My New (Old) Crush... Doug

I haven't made a list recently and at an impressive 6 pages, this entry definitely needs one.

1. For some reason, that night at Grandma's, we had to sleep on the hardwood dining room floor. I can't remember why we couldn't sleep in the upstairs bedroom. It might have had something to do with the fact that one time when we stayed there previously, Kasey and I pulled a bunch of the "bumps" off the egg crate mattress pad and blamed it on each other. Anyhow, we were sleeping on the floor and that's how the big black carpenter ant so easily crawled in my sleeping bag. I don't know what I was so scared of. I probably imagined waking up completely covered in ants or suffocating from ant inhalation. Yuck.

2. I love how I always wrote that Doug and I were "| | this close". I remember wondering while writing these entries if that was an accurate representation of how far apart we were. I mean, that distance looks pretty small on paper, but when you think about it in real life, Doug and I would be REALLY close. We might as well have been touching. So I'd wonder if we were actually whole inches apart. But then I'd think... even though it might be more accurate when translated to real life, writing "we were |                                                                                     | this close" comes across on paper as a bigger distance than it actually is when translated to real life... and it wastes a lot of paper. So I decided to stick with "| |" because accurate or inaccurate, it gets the point across.

3. I asked Suzy to break up with Doug? Doesn't that violate some kind of girl code? You're not supposed to like or date a friend's ex, let alone a friend's current boyfriend! In my defense though, I did like him first. Ha. So there. No but really, can you imagine crushing on your friend's b/f now and being like, "Hey, do you think you could dump your man? I'd like to date him. Thanks." Yeah, that'd go over well...

4. "He said he didn't like me a while ago, like Wednesday." In sixth grade, apparently a "while" was 3 days.

5. Dammit. I started liking Doug again. Honestly, had I ever really stopped?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After reading this entry, I think I can sympathize with Rachel shoving that pog into a locker at random. Your's and Doug's hot-n-heavy 6th grade love was probably making her jealous! HA!

Shea said...

So DO you and Doug ever go out??? The suspense is killing me!