Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm Almost Positive Doug Likes Me

In regard to those nicknames... we've already covered Supergirl. The second one got cut off but it says "Bertha Winterbottom". I can't remember where the names came from but for a month or two, I was "Bertha Winterbottom" and my friend Lianna was my husband "George Winterbottom". Also, my friend Lindsay was "Yin" and I was "Yang".

We probably only used these names when writing notes to each other in school... but I wouldn't really learn how important it was to use nicknames in notes until 7th grade. I wrote a note to my friend Leah which included a clever poem making fun of the shop teacher. The only part I can remember was something about him waddling like a duck. Well, I neglected to use code names in the note... and that normally wouldn't have been such a big deal... if Leah hadn't accidentally dropped the note and if the assistant principal hadn't picked it up.

This was the same assistant principal who I mentioned earlier perfectly fit the role of the Wicked Witch in the school play. Can you believe she gave me a Saturday detention for that silly poem? I guess it must have said something a little more offensive than simply critiquing the shop teacher's gait... but I always felt that Saturday detention was too severe of a punishment. The assistant principal should have been supportive of my extra-curricular interest in poetry!

The girl who sat next to me in detention was there for writing a poem too... except she said hers was for an assignment and that the teacher thought it had inappropriate "sexual content". Sexual poetry?!? In seventh grade?

1 comment:

Shea said...

hahahahahahaha

kids are beasts